I have been a children’s librarian for over five years. I work in a small public library in a community that has a large...
Mexican Paper Flowers Craft
Use them as table decorations, party favors, hang them from string, or take them as a gift to grandma! These flowers are easy and non-messy to make, and always sure to bring a smile.
- 4 - 6 pieces of any color tissue paper cut into squares, approximately 8 inches
- 1 pipe cleaner
- Stack the pieces of tissue paper with edges aligned, alternating colors.
- Fold the stack as a fan (back and forth) in one inch folds until you have a 1x8 inch piece
- Use scissors to round out both edges of your "fan"
- Squeeze the tissue "fan" in the middle and twist a pipe cleaner tightly around it for the stem
- Carefully fan out the tissue, then separate the petals and shape the flower and stem by pinching in the middle to bring the petals together.